Ryan Bailey, buyer and visual merchandiser for 24-store retailer Mattress World, offers advice about selling the whole sleep system instead of just the mattress. He also talks about how selling has changed over the past five to 10 years.
- Mattresses used to be the primary sale for retailers, but now if you don’t sell adjustable bases, pillows, sheets and more, you’re missing out.
- If you’re just selling mattresses, you’re falling behind.
- Health and wellness has become one of the fastest-growing trends in U.S. and sleep is one of the biggest factors in that.
- Show all products that come together to form a unified sleep system.
- Use technology as a selling point and diversify your floor with new and different products.