Bob Muenkel, an industry veteran with decades of experience and the founder of mattress-focused consulting firm UncleMuenkel, sits down with Bedding News Now Editor-in-Chief Alex Milstein to talk about sales training, the psychology of sales, and much more. One lesson everyone can take away: Information is not learning, experience is.
- When traffic is abundant, training on sales gets emphasized less and products become the mainstay. If you’re focused on driving your conversion rate and driving tickets higher, that’s when there’s a hyper-focus on sales training.
- Sales training should be part of the culture, not optional, and on a repetitive schedule. There’s always time for review and new ways to think about things.
- Information is not learning, experience is.
- Some retailers put an overemphasis on the transfer of information, which doesn’t result in learning.
- Deliver an experience that motivates a change in behavior.
- Don’t show up and throw up. The customer is looking for a personalized, custom experience based on their needs and wants.