As the International Home Furnishings Industry group and City of Hope enter the final stretch of fundraising for the 31st annual West Coast Golf & Tennis Tournament, officials and committee members emphasize the positive impact of sponsorships and donations across the country.
Through this event, the furniture industry continues its longstanding tradition of raising vital awareness and support for City of Hope’s innovative cancer research and treatments. As one of the largest cancer research and treatment organizations in the United States, City of Hope is committed to treating patients with diabetes and other life-threatening illnesses.
This year’s West Coast Golf & Tennis Tournament, set for Monday, June 12, in Coto de Caza, California, is challenged with a high fundraising bar set by successful tournaments year after year. The 2023 honorees Patrick Cory, Howard Haimsohn and Doug Sanicola continue to make a strong drive for contributions and participation in these final weeks leading up to the event.
The day kicks off with golf registration at 8 a.m. followed by a shotgun start at 10 a.m., while the tennis tournament begins at 11 a.m. Winding down the event is a reception with cocktails and auction at 3:30 p.m., followed by a dinner program.
Rick Powell, event committee co-chair since the 1990s, says, “There is certainly no end to what can be accomplished when a passionate industry like ours comes together and we remain diligent about raising money and awareness for the patients of City of Hope.”
Grateful for the continued support at all sponsor levels, the event committee recognizes the top sponsors and special donations thus far for this year’s event:
• Platinum sponsors — Ashjer, Furniture Today, J.B. Hunt Final Mile, Living Spaces and LS Direct
• Gold sponsors — Giga Cloud Technology, International Market Centers, New Classic Furniture, Parker House Furniture and Tempur Sealy
• Silver sponsors — Furniture of America, Hollywood Bed, Jonathan Louis, King Koil, Lawrance Contemporary Furniture, Nader’s Furniture, Ortho Mattress, Planned Furniture Promotions, Progressive Financing and Sit ‘n Sleep
• Copper sponsors — Diamond Mattress, Flex2Communicate, Jerome’s, Million Dollar Baby, Najarian Furniture and Palliser Furniture
• Reception sponsor — Mor Furniture
• Lunch sponsors — AICO, CIT and Copeland Furniture
• Golf cart sponsors — American Business Bank, BDI, Irene Crowell, Pam Kluft, and Larry & Mary Lynn Weitzen
• Crepe station sponsors — Morgan Fabrics and Sea Property Management
• Beverage cart sponsors — Lawrence Miller & Family, Rosenthal & Rosenthal of California, Sagebrook Home and TD Bank
· Myriad Software
· Napa Furniture Design
· Office Products
· RC Willey
· Red Rock Imports
· Julie Campbell
· Martin Ploy
Special donations for the auction include:
· 2023 Team Callaway PGA Championship Golf Bag — Limited Edition and cannot be purchased anywhere
· Vacation packages for the Grandover Resort in Greensboro, North Carolina, San Diego’s Rancho Bernardo Inn, Catalina and Kauai
· Pizza oven — perfect for your upcoming summer cookouts with family and friends
· Restaurant gift cards, exciting packages from Brighton, and much more
To stay up to date on the auction, visit the event website: https://WCG2023.givesmart.com
For information on sponsorship levels and benefits, please visit the City of Hope sponsorship page.